- 1966 Wiring Diagrams
- 1967 Wiring Diagrams
- 1968 Wiring Diagrams
- 1972 Wiring Diagrams
- 1975 Wiring Diagrams

Thread: 1967 GS400 Wont Start-Help!!!

1967 GS400 Wont Start-Help!!!

Hey Guys,
    I'm having an issue with my 67 GS. I drove it to the store the other day and it died in the parking lot. I was able to get a couple guys to help me give it a push to pop the clutch and drive it home. Once I turned it off in the driveway it won't start again. Im literally getting nothing when I turn the key. No sound, no clicking. Only thing that happens when i turn the key is the ignition light on the dash comes on. The headlights and blinkers do work and I've also taken a new battery that I keep charged on a trickle charger and hooked that up and I still get nothing. I took the starter down to the parts store and they tested it and said it was bad. After installing the new starter I still have the same issue. I also replaced the voltage regulator that mounted on the firewall since it was under warranty and didn't cost me anything. Still nothing. So now I have a new starter and new voltage regulator and I still can't drive my car. I'm wondering if its the ignition switch????? Any suggestions on how to remedy this issue would be appreciated. I'm having muscle car withdrawals. Please help!!!
    Thanks

you can test a starter yourself with jumper cables, although you should be prepared for a big spark.

you also need to triple check that the car is in neutral or park, and or jack the rear wheels up off the ground and chock the fronts.

do you have a voltmeter that you can tell us what the voltage of the battery is showing with the car running and off?

what you're describing DOES sound like a problem in the circuit from the Battery to the positive terminal on the Starter because you're not getting anything from the Starter at all.

https://www.teambuick.com/reference/...ssis/index.php

if you've got a voltmeter, you can also test to see if you're getting 12v to the input side of the starter.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Have a look at this, not specifically for your car but can be a good guide to gm's of that year: https://www.teambuick.com/reference/..._not_crank.php

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!