From the Reference Section:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1968 PP Code Engine Questions

The clips are gone, but the engine has the studs, so either the engine got the update during service or it was built after Nov. 15, 1967. If Todd's estimate on code 322 is correct, and there is some weight to that argument, then it's safe to say this engine was most likely produced in the latter part of November. That's close enough for my purposes. And now, armed with the info that Fremont produced A-Body cars, I have a short list of models from which this donor engine was taken. It would have been nice to find the Jeep in question had something special about it beyond being the 7th built, but alas... Still, you have to follow the evidence, as Gus Grissom on CSI was known to say.

Since we are just about done here, I just want to say what a fine bunch lives here at Team Buick. I have occasion to interact, in person and online, with many enthusiasts from all walks of the motor vehicle world. There are no finer folks than those I have interacted with here. Makes me wish I had a vintage Buick! On top of that, you have some great references and you like to share. This is a top drawer forum, to be sure! Again, many thanks. Jim Allen

Oh, I forgot to add. I do have some connections to this group. In my past life, I was a factory (England) trained Land Rover tech, so I have had my hands on and in a lot of Rover aluminum V8s. Souped a few of those up back in the day, as well as a few Buick 215s and one 300. Indeed, I worked at the Land Rover Dealer that was up in Aspen Colorado (it's now closed) and worked on a good number of celebrity Rovers, including Jack Nicholson's grey market 1976 two-door, so which ai did a fair number of mods, well, mostly undoing a bunch of crappy mods that made it not want to run at 10,000 feet, such as a long duration cam and a 600 cfm four-barrel. But I am changing the subject here and hijacking my own thread. Jim Allen

hijacking your own thread? inconceivable!
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)