- Carter Dual 4-barrel Carburetors, Linkage Sticking
- Carter Dual 4-Barrel Carburetor Idle Adjustment
    - Trouble Shooting Carburetor Problems
- Buick Carburetor Types and Numbers
- Buick Carter "V8" Carburetor Numbers and Specifications
- Rebuilding a Fuel Vacuum Pump

Thread: Carburetor for my 67 Skylark.

Carburetor for my 67 Skylark.

Hi everyone, I am looking to replace the carburetor on my 67 Skylark with a 300ci engine. The carb on it now is a model# 7037034. I can't seem to find one anywhere including a rebuilt. I can't rebuild this one due to the fact that somewhere along it's lifetime it had the large nut that holds' the inline fuel filter stripped inside the top cover of the carb and I can't keep it from dripping fuel. Does anyone know where I can find one or a carburetor I can use as a replacement without to making too many changes'.. Thanks' in advance for any suggestions..!! Paul

I did a quick search and these came up.

www.partsgeek.com/nzv4gsk-buick-special-carburetor.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=ff&utm_ content=MP&utm_campaign=PartsGeek+Bing&gb=pp&utm_t erm=1967+buick+special+carburetor+uremco+67+buick+ carburetor&ad=11620898033

I'm assuming your engine has the Rochester 2GC 2bbl on it. You'll notice there is a $55 core charge. Contact them first to see if they'll accept your carb in the condition that it's in.

Rock auto offers this rebuilding service through Autoline which will repair your threads or replace the bowl cover. With this service you send them yours which means your not driving the car until it's returned to you.
    www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1125809&cc=1319048&jsn=10

Of course if neither of these work for you there's always an eBay search!
    Good luck and let us know how it works out. - Bill

67 buick skylark carb.

Thanks' Bill for the reply on my 67 skylark carburetor. That carb at Partsgeek is what I'm looking for. However, in my further research I determined that a 62 Chevy Belair is basicly the same carb except I will need to redirect the heat tube for the choke by just putting a 90 degree bend in to fit that carb. No big deal. Price was right from Rock Auto. I'll let you know how it all works' out. Thanks' again for the info, this is a great forum.

67 buick skylark carb.

Hi everyone , since my last message on this carb, I sent for the carburetor at Partsgeek.com, after paying for the carb they said is in stock, they sent an email stating they no longer have this carb in stock and would return my money in 3 to 4 days'..!! Autozone did the same thing.!! My dilemma in trying to get my current rochester 2 bbl. carb #7037034 rebuilt is two fold. First the area on the top plate where the inline fuel filter resides is cross-threaded inside the cover, causing a leak. The other is the automatic choke housing where the heat riser tube screws' onto is cross-threaded also. So I'm not sure if it can be rebuilt or repaired without replacing that top cover. If I could at least locate a used top cover, than I may be able to send it out for a rebuild. If anyone knows' of someone having some used parts' for a 2 bbl. rochester around a 1967 or so would be greatly appreciated. I would perfer to use the correct carburetor on my Skylark 300 ci engine. Thanks' for listening...Paul

Here's a place recommended by guys on a different forum for Cadillacs www.thecarburetorshop.com

For your use attached is an exploded view and parts list for your carb. As you can see the 7037034 unit is very specific to your model car. It will be hard to locate unless one turns up that came off the same kind of '67 Skylark. However the component pieces have a lot of commonality among different carb assemblies. It will probably be necessary to work with somebody who rebuilds carbs to obtain component parts not supplied in standard rebuild kits. Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What has been, can be again. (Bob Wills, 1942)

Thank you for all the help. I found a similiar company that can rebuild my carb and have the necessary parts' to repair and/or replace any parts' needed to rebuild this one. It's amazing how many online sites' will claim to have a part in stock, take your money and then email you saying they don't have it and will refund your purchase in time. Just doesn't seem to be a good way to do business. My opinion. I will let everyone know how it turns' out. Again thank you, this is a great forum to get get help with a buick..!!