Thread: Me and my 67 Electra

Wink Me and my 67 Electra

Hi all,

My name is Marc and I have a 67 electra 4 door custom hardtop. It's currently undergoing an amateur restoration, and it was just started up for the first time in 10 years. (Long story.)

I'm glad to be here, and am interested to hear in other electra owners of the same year.

Marc
    Attached Images Attached Images

nice.

if you develop an overheating problem, pull the water pump. i've seen some of them get filled up with aluminum rust due to electrolysis between the iron block and alum timing cover.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Hello Marc and welcome from another somewhat newbe. This is my 67 Electra 225 Custom Convertible. It's an original 61k mile car. The 2 previous well to do owners only used it as a summer weekend toy the same way I do. The elderly gentleman I bought it from owned it for 35 years and only accumulated slightly over 7,200 miles (documented) in all that time. He had it in a climate controlled garage while he owned it. The only deviations from original are one repaint, A/C converted to R 134, new dual exhaust, new radial tires and the front end rebuild I did over the winter. I've already put several hundred miles on it since the weather finally changed for the better and expect to put half as much mileage on it this year that he put on it in over a generation! Enjoy yours and drive it that's why Buick built it. - Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images

You have a gorgeous girl there oldfoneguy!

Quote Originally Posted by bob k. mando View Post
    nice.

if you develop an overheating problem, pull the water pump. i've seen some of them get filled up with aluminum rust due to electrolysis between the iron block and alum timing cover.
    Thanks Bob. They replaced the water pump as well as the fuel pump. It runs great but one lifter is making noise. They're going to change the oil and put in some marvel mystery oil. We'll see what happens.