Thread: 67 GS Convt Top Window Zipper Slider

67 GS Convt Top Window Zipper Slider

The zipper slider on my convt rear plastic window broke in two. It seems to be metal and I have no clue how to find a replacement let alone install it.

The plastic window is in excellent condition as are the teeth the slider so I would like to replace the slider. Any ideas on how to get the correct size?

Attached are 2 pics of the broken zipper. The letters on the zip are YKK.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

I see YKK is a zipper company: http://www.ykkfastening.com/products.../metal_zipper/

I wonder if they might be willing to help. You might also try an upholstery shop.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Got the slider

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I see YKK is a zipper company: http://www.ykkfastening.com/products.../metal_zipper/

I wonder if they might be willing to help. You might also try an upholstery shop.

Got a slider for a Jeep and is a #10 YKK slider. Now to try and get it on the zipper without breaking it.

Thanks Bob

It is a very common zipper slide available at most auto upholstery shops and many leather shops. The trick is installing it on your zipper.
    At one end of your zipper, the start end, you will find a small brass "C" zipper stop on each half of the zipper, or a small brass closure with two teeth on each end. Either style can be spread slightly with a diagonal cutter and removed safely. They are small, so put them aside in a safe place so you can reuse them later. Once they are removed, unlatch the front of your convertible top and put a block between the windshield header and the convertible top frame to hold it open and release the tension on your zipper. Then slide the new zipper slide onto both halves of your zipper simultaneously, and close the zipper. Then, using a pliers, reattach the little "C" zipper stops or the small brass closure.
    You can now remove the block and close your top.
    Take your time. I'm sure you can do this easily.
    Best Regards,
    Ron