My screen name is Madeleine (after the name I gave my '59 Electra). I've been a quiet member for quite some time. I've recently started albums for each of my vintage Buicks. Each has their story. I currently have a 1962 Buick Invicta Sport Coupe. Her name & story can be found among my albums. Her album is named: The banker's hot rod. I call her P.G. for short. I like to think I brought her back from the dead as her former owner "appeared" to be transforming her from a project car into whatever he had in mind.

I'm by no stretch of the imagination, a mechanic. I have several questions to ask of you all. I detail cars but, that's about as far as my talent goes. I prefer my classics looking showroom new (if possible). I know what kind of performance the Nailhead can turn out so, I keep 'em stock.

It's been enjoyable pulling up to an intersection light with the windows down & having a foreign low-rider pull up alongside & rev it's engine. Not P.G. mind you, but with my Wildcat, I had the other young driver & passengers pull out a pink, half sheet of paper (pink slip?) & wave it at me. I replied with a normal look. When the signal turned green I put the accelerator to the floor & watched their car in my rear view mirror still sitting at the intersection. I drove about 1/4 mile, pulled off the road safely, got out & waited for them to appear. I could hear their car going through the gears as they neared. They all looked very embarrassed & wanted to see what was under the hood. No pink slips changed hands but, I sure felt good when I left them.