Thread: Need help with 1965 buick special convertible trim...

Need help with 1965 buick special convertible trim...

Hi all, I am working on a 1965 buick special convertible and am having trouble locating the window trims (inside fuzzies and outside rubber) all I can find is for skylarks. Does any one have a picture of what they look like installed on one of the front doors of a special convertible? I believe mine should have the metal attached already.
    Thanks, Carl

Try https://www.rubbertherightway.com/wi...54114-prd1.htm or google auto window sweeps and see what's available in your area. The universal window trim will have to be cut to length and bent slightly to fit your doors and quarters. There are tiny black screws that can fasten them on, or you can use pop rivets.
    Best Regards,
    Ron

Weathersrtip, front door window outer glass run

Skylark models came standard with chrome (or stainless?) window reveal moldings. Special series cars did not have window reveal moldings as standard. The dealer sales brochure shows each type however not in closeup. These Skylark moldings have their own weatherstrip which was not used on Specials. Maybe this is what you are running across. Attached is an exploded view of the door parts.

The outer weatherstrip for the glass is Buick part no 4453600 Right, 4453601 Left. These were used on the '64-65 Special and Skylark 2-dr hardtop and convertible.

The same part numbers show up in the Olds master parts book for '64-65 Cutlass hardtop coupe and conv. According to that source the bead is chrome.

Chevelle used these part numbers as well on the '65 Malibu sport coupe and conv.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by TODD; 04-18-2018 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Add attachment
    What has been, can be again. (Bob Wills, 1942)

Strip, front door inner glass run

The Buick part no is 4407831 R, 4407832 L. Buick Master Body Parts book shows it was used only on the '65 Special convertible. I could not figure out why it was not used on the Skylark, 2-dr hardtops, or '64s.

The Chevy parts book shows the same nos were used on the '65 Chevelle sport models.

Hopefully these numbers will enable a supplier to ID the parts you need. Good Luck.

Excellent, thanks for all of the assistance. At least I know have a starting point. I spent about 3 hours trying to search part info before asking for help... thanks again!

I stopped at the door window parts. Let me know if you need nos for the rear quarter window pieces.