Thread: will 4 door trim look alright on a 2 door 1962 buick leSabre?

will 4 door trim look alright on a 2 door 1962 buick leSabre?

any trouble mounting the pieces? they appear to be the same length judging from what the sell has told me. sb

Which trim piece are you wanting to discuss? Is it interior or exterior? Fender? Quarter panel? Door? Hood? Trunk? Some of the trim is the same, and others are different. Please be specific when you are asking a question. When you provide all pertinent information, you are likely to get an accurate answer.
    Best Regards,
    Ron

good call. i'm talking about the rear fender spears that are mounted on the body crease, from just behind the front door to the back of the car. i think they are stainless. the 4 door is 2 pieces on each side, obviously so the door can open, the 2 door is one solid piece. i've found a guy with a 4 door who wants to sell them. i have a two door. they are the same length. i think they would fit. dont know how it would look with that gap in the middle. but dont think i'm likely to see a 2 door part come around soon. i haven't asked the price. the other stuff was too high and shipping on these is going to be murder.

One idea would be to make a small cover plate out of stainless steel strip material to bridge the gap. This was done sometimes where a large left and right side molding come together in the center of the body.

Couldn't find anyone parting out a '62 LeSabre or Wildcat 2-door. If you have to keep looking, the Buick part no is 1360190. Left and right molding are the same part. Only used on '62 LeSabre 2-Dr sedan, hardtop, convertible, and Wildcat hardtop.
    What has been, can be again. (Bob Wills, 1942)

The four door parts are not meant to go on your two door, but I think that they may be able to be joined together by a body shop and then buffed out. Another way to join them is to rivet the ends together from the inside. This might be less noticeable than trying to patch something over the gap.
    Don't give up trying to find originals. There are lots of salvage yards that may have them. You may want to try to find them in rust belt states where the cars are not worth salvaging or in the dry states like Arizona or Mew Mexico, where cars are kept in the desert for years because they do not rust. A salvage yard search for a two door may turn up a treasure that could be perfect for your car.
    Best Regards,
    Ron

thanks guys. i suppose, given the prices this guy has given me on other things that he would be asking more than i want to pay for these too, and not any less than the right part if i keep waiting. thanks.