Anyone ever heard of a 455 comp cams camshaft part No. 96-203-1 ? Is this an older discontinued cam profile? The comp cams site doesnÂ’t show it anywhere.
Are there some specs available in somebodyÂ’s archives?

As IÂ’m located in Belgium sourcing parts locally avoids high import/shipping charges and IÂ’ve run across a guy selling this new camshaft together with some alu Valve covers.
He claims itÂ’s for a 455 and has a picture to show the part number as attached.
The current available 96-203-4 cam has a symmetrical cam exhaust/intake lobe, whatÂ’s the disadvantage if any over a assymetrical TA cam?
Comp cams mentions work to cylinderheads needed? What exactly?

Or is another cam more suitable for the following block?

Last weekend I scored a disassembled 1970 455 SF (block 1231738, heads 1231786) newly 0.030 overbored, with a new set Keith Black hypereutics KB357 .030, a fresh crank- and valves grind (no 3 angle job though). Paid 400€ thats about 495$ now, not to bad to my feeling.

DonÂ’t have piston rings so if there are some recomendations?

Planning to building a nice street engine to follow everydays traffic with a ‘65 Riviera, do tend to drive sporty. It’s no nailhead I know but the next best thing.
- Already have a new MSD ready to run distributor and blaster coil.
- want to attempt a mild port/cleanup to match all parts seamless.
- I suppose 9-10:1 comp should be possible by squaring block and heads. Lowest pump gas is 95RON so no issue.
- Apparently the early aluminum rockers do have a bigger ratio, are these any good and possible to combine with the cam? Or better install stronger?

Thanks for any feedback.