Thread: 57 front wheel bearings

57 front wheel bearings

Hi,can anyone tell me if the inner front wheel bearings are wider on the cars with wider drums.Mine is a 57 2door special sedan series 40 -model 48.I ordered a front wheel bearing kit from 'Kanter' and now I see the inner cone which butts against the stub axle is about 3/8" wider than the old one-when the bearing is litely assembled on the bench out of the new wrapping it is 3/8" wider because of the extra inner cone width so it puts my narrow type drums further toward the outside of the car which I'm thinking is for the cars with wider drums.Am I correct with this or are the bearings incorrect.Any advise would be great thankyou.

Bearings inner and outer are the same no matter what series. Either the originals are wrong or the replacements are wrong.

Thankyou for the reply,in that case it looks like the bearings are wrong which is a real ***** when we are not just down the road-so to speak,i guess it's shipping back to 'KANTER'.Thanks again.

bearings 002.jpgbearings 001.jpgThese are the bearings Kanter sent,as you can see old bearing is on the left in both photos.No doubt
    from Chinese supplier but have contacted Kanter and will see what happens next.

The Kanter one looks right for a 55, but not 57. If Kanter cannot make it right check ebay and search for B72 (or original part number 909572) front wheel bearing for 57 Buick like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sealed-Powe...xaCg1t&vxp=mtr
    Probably cheaper and better than Kanter anyhow.

Yep all sorted out thanks to Juan at Kanter-sending a whole new kit at no cost.Thanks for the help guys.

and if you want N.O.S. U.S.A. made -- which is, of course, 25 times better than the (NOT U.S.A. made ) reproes ---
    I have them...... you can e-mail me here or through my e-mail name --- mobileparts@yahoo.com.