From the Reference Section:
- How to choose your new wheels and tires
- Buick Rallye Wheels
- Calculators: Tires, Gears, MPH, etc.
- Wheel Bearing Adjustment, 1963 - 1970

Thread: Modifying the 73 b body stance

Modifying the 73 b body stance

I've contacted half a dozen muscle car, performance, and auto suspension custom shops, there is no way to bolt on spindles to drop front and info regarding rear springs/shocks equally non existent. I don't want to bag this car. Am I the first person that tried to change stance on a 73 LeSabre!?

A google or bing search can be your friend. Try 1971-1976 GM B body suspension. There were about a dozen sites that may help you.
    If you want to go donk they have all kinds of kits for that car. Why anyone would do that to a classic car is beyond me!
    You'll have no choice but to bag it to drop it. If you want to make it a canyon carver there are suspensions for that too.
    I couldn't imagine an 19ft long 4000lb + car as a handling machine but they're out there. I did have a Pontiac G8 GT which was 4000lbs
    and it handled like it was on rails but was a light years ahead suspension design. - Bill

BTW: If your handle is your real name you must have gone through hell in high school!

Handle is a joke started by my wife, that we should name the car Ron, because its SO BIG! Anyhoo, there are no aftermarket parts for the B body's of this era. My only choice is to cut springs, then try to correct camber, which mean custom mod, or just buy some parts and have chassis guy do it. Looking like not a shade tree project. Thanks for the help though!!

Good sense of humor, she's a keeper.

Look through this search it may change your mind. Not as flush an aftermarket as the GM A/G, F or X bodies but there is some stuff out there depending on how much you want to spend. If you don't want to bag there are coil-over options but they require a complete control arm change over and some serious $!!!
    Good luck with your search and be sure to check for the year for the application to make sure it works, they mix stuff up. - Bill

https://www.bing.com/search?q=1971-1...&setlang=en-US

Good car girl! Thanks for help, I'll post when I get it figured out. Btw, I have no sentimental attachment to car, someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I grew up when race cars looked a lot different, low wide, kinda mean. Thats what I'm going for. All the Buick purists will be hatin on me now, but whatever!

Have you tried Jamco Suspension? They make a kit for the 71-73 Riv (and lots of other makes/models/years), maybe it would work? If not, they may be able to make you a kit that works.

https://www.jamcosuspension.com/prod...D1/31/sfID2/42

Thanks cjp, might be a promising tip, but my initial search offered up mostly what previous suppliers have offered. But they DO have stuff I've not seen before so I'll give them a call. Thanks again.

iirc, most of the 71-76 Riviera ( RWD E-body, the Caddy Eldo and Olds Toro are FWD ) is compatible with the other GM Senior Model series ( B-body, C-body, D-body ) cars.

for instance, a small block LeSabre is the source for an 8 1/2" ring gear rear end that can be used in any of the other Senior series cars. so you can actually get any gear ration you want into a Riv or Electra.

you just have to swap the whole rear housing out. the benefit is that you can get a lot more parts for the small block Regal / LeSabre rear AND you're also spinning less rotating mass. the downside is that it's not as durable as a 9 3/8s rear.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)