Thread: hello from indiana from a proud Buick tractor owner!

hello from indiana from a proud Buick tractor owner!

ok, that got your attention! I am fairly new to the old Buicks thing, my father and I have our own engine shop on the farm and over 136 engines running or lying around that are over over four cylinders including 4 V-12's (GMC 702ci gas). we drag race and pull tractors gas and diesel mainly Mopar and Massey-Ferguson but have all kinds of stuff all modified in some way. some with in house engine conversions some with head porting on our home made flow bench and other machining and tricks. my father started by making his own tractor as a kid from truck an bailer parts with airplane tires included! then he got his degree in engineering and has been an r&d engineer and machinist for over 45 yrs. we do not have $ but do have ALOT of old iron and some cool tools and know-how to build what we want up to aluminum dome top pistons for a 1937 pulling tractor. I have always thought highly of the Buick 3800 series engines and drive my 1990 park avenue daily in good weather. we recently purchased a 1947 Farmall MD that some time ago has been stretched and had a complete air cleaner to pan 1966-67 buick wildcat 375 340 4 bbl and super turbine 400 trans! (even has the car speedo hooked up on it with 73k mi showing and a homemade wide front that uses the Buick spindles! The guy that sold it didn't know what engine it was or its history just that the man who built it passed away and it sat in a barn for many years. after having my hands inside literately thousands of both obscure and common engines researching this engine while we try to get it to run again has given me a whole new appreciation for Buick engineering! a Chevy smallblock it ain't! it's built like our 440s and hemi's in the bottom end and very well made and overly rugged. NOT built to use as little metal and as much advertising as possible! I will post some pics as I am able. may need some advice with this. It seems to be a rare engine and trans also. I am looking to put maybe a trans go trg-400 pro full manual kit in it and a good lopey cam and make some tractor style headers for it. I still want to be able to use the switch pitch turbine ran with a hand switch. calling trans go tomorrow. sorry about the book and thanks for reading!

you're aware that the Buick small block v8 family is what the Buick 90 degree v6 engine is based on, right?
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)