A new For Sale listing has been posted by BrianShawley:

1962 Buick Skylark + Aluminum V8 & Loads of Spare Parts

The description for this listing is:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Up for sale is my 1962 Buick Skylark. This car has been enjoyed but its time to move on.

The car was purchased in 2006 by my uncle. In It came the factory 198 V6 that had been rebuilt in 2002. The car's condition was fair and served as a great project base. in 2011 It was then taken down to the chassis. The floorboards were cut and patched to remove rust. After being treated, new rubber was installed around the doors and trunk. A very low mileage, (but not running) donor car was purchased and salvaged for parts, and the Skylark was reassembled. In the process, many upgrades were made, such as:

- A new single barrel Rochester carburetor, recently rebuilt with new gaskets, jets, float, and seals.
- Low mileage 2-speed automatic dual path transmission.
- Front disk brake mounting kit, with rotors and calipers from a chevy S-10.
- MSD HEI electronic ignition.
- Grant Challenger steering wheel and Quick release.
- Interior sound deadening and carpet kit.
- Dash kit.
- Profesional carpet-style headliner.
- Seats and rear seats from Ford Probe.
- Stereo, speakers, and sub.
- New rubber trunk and door seals.
- Wheels and tires.

The car runs well, but has some flaws:

- Leak, from the rear main seal.
- New radiator has a leak from the top sanction.
- Power steering fluid leaks, however, power steering functions great.
- Slow transmission fluid leak.
- Crack in quarter glass (wing window).
- Rust spots in the trunk area.
- Minor body flaws, however, car is straight.
- Unfinished rear interior side panels.

The low mileage donor car that I mention also had been taken apart. From it, the factory four-barrel 215 aluminum V8 was salvaged. This motor is in no running order but can be rebuilt as the block is good. Engine stand is included.
In addition to the factory four-barrel 215 aluminum V8, fenders, hood, trunk, chrome trim, light bezels, and other interior and exterior odds and ends that are straight and good have been stored. These parts are hard to come by. Having them makes for a great insurance plan.

The car has seen much love and has been a joy to build. However, with my wife and I moving, I'm afraid there is no room for it. I am asking $6,000 for it, including all additional parts, panels, hood, trunk and the aluminum block.

Contact me, via email, call or text.

Brian S. (206) 327-5741

--------------------------------------------------------------