Thread: stubbe

stubbe

Hello Buickfriends.I wonder of pads for my convertible 1954,56c.The pads are not at the same size
    front or back.Is theŽ biggest `wide nailed in the bow at back.The smallest at front at front?
    Please give me some advice so i dont do this wrong.
    Stubbe in Sweden.

Pads

Quote Originally Posted by stubbe View Post
    Hello Buickfriends.I wonder of pads for my convertible 1954,56c.The pads are not at the same size
    front or back.Is theŽ biggest `wide nailed in the bow at back.The smallest at front at front?
    Please give me some advice so i dont do this wrong.
    Stubbe in Sweden.
    Glad to see you back, Stubb

I presume you are talking about brake pads. If so, the widest shoes/pads are for the front wheels. The length is different also. on each set there two [ 2 ] pads. the Longest pad goes to the Back of the wheel. The shortest goes to the front

If you are talking about something else, we will try again.

Ben

The pads are wider at the back, however, the back should be the last area to fasten to the bow. With the top frame locked in place at the front, you will need to measure from the leading edge of the stainless molding that surrounds the back of the convertible top well opening to the center of the rear convertible top frame along the centerline of the car. This measurement is critical and affects the way the top will fit on the frame. You can get this measurement from the convertible top manufacturer or from the company that sells you the top. This measurement must remain the same after the rear curtain (window assembly) is installed.
    Convertible tops are time consuming to install, but can be done by a novice if they take their time and pay strict attention to all measurements. Small adjustments can be made after the top is installed to correct any fitment issues.
    Good luck with your project.
    Best Regards,
    Ron

stubbe

no.no.I am talking of the cabriolet top.The pads under the cabtop.I wonder of whit way its the
    right way.In Sweden several shops are doing tops/convertibles changes.Some cars have the
    Pads whit the bigger side at rear,and some have the smaller at rear.What is the right from factory?
    I think you in this forum can get me the answer.Tanks from a Buickfriend in Sweden.

stubbe

Quote Originally Posted by rcfryer View Post
    The pads are wider at the back, however, the back should be the last area to fasten to the bow. With the top frame locked in place at the front, you will need to measure from the leading edge of the stainless molding that surrounds the back of the convertible top well opening to the center of the rear convertible top frame along the centerline of the car. This measurement is critical and affects the way the top will fit on the frame. You can get this measurement from the convertible top manufacturer or from the company that sells you the top. This measurement must remain the same after the rear curtain (window assembly) is installed.
    Convertible tops are time consuming to install, but can be done by a novice if they take their time and pay strict attention to all measurements. Small adjustments can be made after the top is installed to correct any fitment issues.
    Good luck with your project.
    Thanks a lot rcfryer.Now i can replace my cab at the right way whit pads.Stubbe in Sweden.