Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 55 roadmaster riviera resto mod

Quote Originally Posted by bob k. mando View Post
    what do you do with the cloth? pre-paint it and let it dry so when you're spraying the roof it doesn't just soak through?
    Bob , its an old school technique , first you do a dry stretch of the lace on your roof to find out how well it will conform to the shape , this one conforms preety well , then obviously you respray the roof with a dark or light color . mine will be a bright silver for now. (that may change)
    next allow your base color to dry enough that you cannot finger mark it or leave tape marks , dampen your lace with water an wring out well .( this will help make the lace heavier an stretch easier) stretch tight over your roof . then get your contrasting color an thin it 2 : 1 paint ratio . set our paint gun to about 15 to 20 psi an spray over the lace lightly till you build up the desired effect also experiment with lower air pressures some lace will lift if the pressures are to high . allow that to dry for about an hour then lift the lace an you will get a beautiful negative patern . clear coat as normal sand an buff . done . not my work but this is what you get . I do recommend if you haven't done this before experiment on an old fender , hood or other piece of sheetmetal . its really not that difficult to do but looks like it is .
    Attached Images Attached Images

well, that sounds damn cool.

could i browbeat you into composing a How-It-Was-Done article documenting the entire procedure? you know, with pics of your work project and all.

that would be a nice addition to the reference section.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Quote Originally Posted by bob k. mando View Post
    well, that sounds damn cool.

could i browbeat you into composing a How-It-Was-Done article documenting the entire procedure? you know, with pics of your work project and all.

that would be a nice addition to the reference section.
    I can do that , I am planning on starting the body very soon , it seems like most of the mechanical issues are coming to an end .

swapped out the fuel tank

I finally felt comfortable enough to take the 55 out for a nice long drive as it has performed very well locally meaning 50 or less miles . I filled it up never looked back drove it an easy an extremely smooth 125 miles round trip , but kept getting a wiff of gas every now an then , parked it an crawled under it fuel tank had leaks . sorry no pics , but I ordered a new fuel tank from tanks inc. an would highly recommend this company to anyone who needs or is suspicious that they need a tank , I was so impressed by the information on their site an the high quality of the tank I received . its not a concours replacement tank but it is damned near it !

freshen up an dress up of the nailhead .

wow, sorry folks life took over for awhile , an hadn't much time to spend on my buick roadmaster . Even still as soon as things settled I am back at it . did a few more mods an cleaned up the engine an bay . swapped out the 2 barrel an added the 4 barrel intake an aluminum valley cover , polished finned valve covers an breathers, located a 7 blade clutch fan from an old gm motor I had laying around, found a set of oem plug wire covers!
    (good score there!) an its not on the engine yet but also have found the oem air cleaner assembly.! moved the rad down an inch an remounted it {someone did it very shoddy now its like a rock!}still have a few more small changes under here but its essentially done , an a night an day difference !
    Attached Images Attached Images