Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 55 roadmaster riviera resto mod

looking good!
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

interior done

i worked some late hours this weekend , absolutely everything in the interior is finished , except the crank handles an final stereo wiring as I am still waiting on my amps . I also made the decision to not worry about the vent window issue I have at this moment till I have had more time to find an new left and right frames but those will have to be taken care of befor I paint .

trunk work

started working in the trunk last night , made the sight wall in front so the trunk looks nice an clean, laid the first carpet an built a box for the sub woofer ,an covered it all . a buddy of mine told me I'm going overkill on the stereo . lol . I had to explain to him that after working in a local ,large ,entertainment venue for some very big name artist's running stage monitors an some of front of house sound for 11 years you gain a appreciation for GOOD CLEAR SOUND that has the full range of tone an some low end chunk it becomes hard to listen to a standard stereo after that . ( at least for me )

trunk work almost done

I have been at the trunk work off an on for a few days making new side cards was a challenge but there they are . so now im thinking about a double hinged floor and enclosing the rear body panel then DONE ! for a while . an enjoy it this season before the big make over in the off season when I repaint it , silver top, lace paint , black body magenta flake , silver scallop .

trunk done an did a thorough diagnostic on the engine

trunks done ! so I went up to the motor I was having some stumbling issues when pulling out from a stop and accel on the highway , members of another forum helped me sort these out , as well as checking an resetting spec on timing , idle an plug gap , followed by some adjustment of the throttle linkage an various vacuum and compression tests . over all compression is a bit low but consistent between cylinders an carb is adjusted perfectly enough .

1954 55 or 56 vent window assemblies ARRRGH

SO frustrated 54 55 or 56 series 50 or 70 ,vent window assemblies are like trying to find hens teeth , an evey one who says the have them are scams or the wrong parts, I ask for pics no pics ,no reply this maddening ! any body actually have even a left side ? im inching closer an closer to just deleting them an making those doors 1 big pane of glass I have every thing I need in my scrap pile {perk of owning a bodyshop} from wrecked doors . but id really rather have the vent window assemblies . anyone know of a set or just a good left side ?

Probably not much help, but:

According to my Hollander, the '54-56 56R, 76R, 76RX Riv. Cpe use vent glass 1022 which is shared with '54-56 Cadillac 62 Cpes. exc. Conv.

These may be them on ebay: Buick vent windows

There was one more for 475.00, but I couldn't make it come up on the search.

https://klassiccarparts.com/cars-par...ck-roadmaster/
    http://www.ctcautoranch.com/Parts%20...20Car%201.html

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Probably not much help, but:

According to my Hollander, the '54-56 56R, 76R, 76RX Riv. Cpe use vent glass 1022 which is shared with '54-56 Cadillac 62 Cpes. exc. Conv.

These may be them on ebay: Buick vent windows

There was one more for 475.00, but I couldn't make it come up on the search.

https://klassiccarparts.com/cars-par...ck-roadmaster/
    http://www.ctcautoranch.com/Parts%20...20Car%201.html
    ANY LEAD IS A GOOD LEAD ! Thank you sir

trusted enough for a good drive

we had a beautiful weekend an I thought it was time to take the roadmaster out for a good drive . after all the repairs I have made it was like driving my couch ! all went with out a hitch till I gassed up an the fuel tank leaked ! { so very upset} well I had to drive out the gas I put in it . I hate draining an dropping a tank with a lot of fuel in it so 100 miles later tank almost empty I took it back to the garage . my new tank should be here tomorrow or today if I'm lucky . other than that it was a good day to cruise around . stopped at joann fabrics while I was out an found the lace patern I want to spray on the roof !
    Last edited by thegnu; 04-24-2018 at 06:31 AM. Reason: more to say

what do you do with the cloth? pre-paint it and let it dry so when you're spraying the roof it doesn't just soak through?
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)