Thread: 1967 GS Metallic Parchment Interior Paint

1967 GS Metallic Parchment Interior Paint

Hey guys. It's been awhile since my last post. Hope everyone had a great Christmas & New Year. Any ways. I'm bought a set of black bucket seats for my 1967 GS400, but need to change them to the matallic parchment color. I know I need to get the new seat covers, but I was wondering if anybody knows where I can get paint to match or what color was originally used to paint the seat backs, sides, & other trim pieces to match the metallic parchment. Thanks for any and all help.
    Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the back of black seats, I think most people use a satin black. That what I used.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

The original was a semi-gloss paint to match the seat upholstery. You can take a sample of the seat upholstery to most automotive paint stores and they should be able to match the color for you. There is also the SEM brand of aerosol vinyl dye (paint with a flex agent) that is usually available at automotive paint stores, or auto upholstery suppliers. Look in your phone book (old school) or on the internet for these suppliers. Don't forget to prep the surfaces, and primer as well.
    Best Regards,
    Ron