- Carter Dual 4-barrel Carburetors, Linkage Sticking
- Carter Dual 4-Barrel Carburetor Idle Adjustment
    - Trouble Shooting Carburetor Problems
- Buick Carburetor Types and Numbers
- Buick Carter "V8" Carburetor Numbers and Specifications
- Rebuilding a Fuel Vacuum Pump

Thread: Fuel pump sometimes fails

Fuel pump sometimes fails

Hi, I have recently registered on your folks forum, and I am not sure I've cone to the right place. As I see, that you folks drive those classic Buicks, and mine is relatively new (it's the 2009 Lacrosse).
    You know, Buicks are new to me, that's why I decided to join a Buick online community.
    Anyways, let me ask you somnething. What may make my fuel pump work randomly? Sometimes when I turn the ignition on, everything works fine except of the pump (I mean, I hear the starter working and stuff). Also, I had a guy check on the error codes with that OBDII reader, and it said about the fuel pump error, yet no specifications of what exactly could be wrong with it.
    Now I think, whether there is a chance I could fix it by myself? Or it's better to get a new one then?
    Because I do not want to take everything apart and then determine that there's no way to do anything with the pump, and I have to wait for a new one to come.
    Any ideas/commentsare appreciated!

If the fuel pressure has not lost enough pressure since the last shut down, it will not come back on. There could be other reasons, but they will get more complicated to diagnose.
    I would start with replacing the fuel pump and fuel filter, fuel pumps are not designed for repair. Could even just be the filter.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!