- Carter Dual 4-barrel Carburetors, Linkage Sticking
- Carter Dual 4-Barrel Carburetor Idle Adjustment
    - Trouble Shooting Carburetor Problems
- Buick Carburetor Types and Numbers
- Buick Carter "V8" Carburetor Numbers and Specifications
- Rebuilding a Fuel Vacuum Pump

Thread: Fuel Pump Bolts

Fuel Pump Bolts

So I bought a fuel pump for my 72 Skylark with the Buick 350. Someone had already removed the mounting bolts so they are missing. I have been checking websites like Summit and ARP but haven't been able to find Buick specific bolts. Does anyone know the thread/pitch/length of these bolts? Do the Chevy 350's use the same bolts as the Buick?

Thanks

Looks like OPG has them and they are the same part numbers as the ones from Summit for the SB and BB Chevys. I've got a buddy that's about to order from Summit and I don't wanna pay double the price of some bolts with the shipping costs so I was trying to have him put it in as an add on to his order.

Scratch that. Used the part numbers from OPG and ordered from Summit (had to get some parts for my subaru anyway). Bolts are too big. Does anyone know what length/pitch/thread I need for the fuel pump? Just gonna go to the hardware store and get them if I can.

i should think www.TAPerformance.com would be able to help
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Buick Master Parts book shows bolts were not special and did not have part numbers. One exploded view of the 1970-73 455 Buick big block shows bolts are 5/16-18 x 1-1/8. Should be the same on the 350. Posts on another website indicate these bolts had serrations under the head to act as a lock washer.

Bolts with lengths by 1/8" steps are sometimes hard to find. A 1-1/4 with separate lockwasher should work as long a bit of extra length doesn't make it bottom out or interfere with other parts at the tail end.

Specified torque -20 ft lb- is lighter than many Chevy specs due to smaller diameter and aluminum front cover. Grade 8 would be preferred, but grade 5 should be OK for this application.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What has been, can be again. (Bob Wills, 1942)

you can also shorten a bolt to custom length by threading a matching nut onto it, cutting the bolt to length, grinding a bevel onto the fresh cut ( easiest with a bench grinder ) and then taking the nut off.

the nut will act as a die to straighten the threads out. or you can use a real die.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Thanks guys, I purchased a couple different size bolts to see what will work. Haven't had a chance to start testing yet because the weather took a dive on me the day after I got the bolts. If the sizes I got don't work out, I will have to give Bob's advice a shot. Thanks again