- 1957 Wiring Diagrams
- 1964 Wiring Diagrams
- 1966 Wiring Diagrams
- 1967 Wiring Diagrams
- 1968 Wiring Diagrams
- 1972 Wiring Diagrams
- 1975 Wiring Diagrams
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best way to disable the security lamp on a vats bypassed park ave?

You have the schematic pages which are exact for your car showing all connections to the PASS-Key II module. See pgs. 9D-15, -16, -17, -28. So far the PASS-Key II module has not tested defective.

The dark green wire is not a ground. It is the control line for turning on the security light. The PASS-Key II module can activate it. Also the Remote Accessory Control module (part of the Universal Theft Deterrent System) can activate it.

The PASS-Key II system and the Universal Theft Deterrent System are completely separate except for the ability to activate the security light. The RAC module deals with the horns, lights, door locks among other duties. That system is a whole different can of worms that hasn't even been opened yet.

The new wiring connections need to be made up with a crimp connector (butt splice or single-end bell connector) if soldering is impractical. Even wire nuts are better than nothing. This is not an area to be taking shortcuts.
    What has been, can be again. (Bob Wills, 1942)

The diagrams I "have" are scattered across this site somewhere. I suppose I should have been downloading them. But, they're usually not very useful to me since I can't read them. It may as well be Chinese.

But, they're unfortunately the only way to find out what each wire does, at least with people being so ignorant about this particular car.

So, I finally found a place to download them together.
    95parkavesecuritydiagrams1.jpg95parkavesecuritydiagrams1-2.jpg95parkavesecuritydiagrams1-3.jpg95parkavesecuritydiagrams1-4.jpg
    95parkavesecuritydiagrams2.jpg95parkavesecuritydiagrams2-2.jpg

Sorry TODD, when I looked at these last night I smacked my head when I saw that the dark green wire isn't a ground wire. I was coming here to say I figured that out, but you beat me to it.

I realize the vats module may still be good. But, I despise the idea of the thing and I want it gone.

Since the anti-theft module is likely still fine and I prefer to make modifications easily reversible, meaning doing as little damage to the original parts as possible, it seems wiser to not cut wires when possible and use existing connectors. Once I figure which wires to use, I can likely make a connector that'll snap right on there, same as that old vats module. But, it that ends up being a pain, then I'll start cutting wires.

Well, looks like I'm on my own now. Wish me luck.
    Last edited by 95ParkAve; 10-22-2017 at 11:55 AM.