Thread: Newbie from Long Island

Newbie from Long Island

Hi to all from Long Island. I just finished a mild restoration on my 69 GS400 conv. The car was originally my grandfathers, then my fathers and then was given to me on my 25th birthday....38 years ago. Hopefully if I did this correctly there will be a picture attached. The background to this car is that my grandfather would get a new Buick every three years and my father in turn would get his used one. In 1969 I was 14 and just getting into Hot Rod magazine and saw a commercial on TV for the GS. I told him that was the car he should get and he did. My father told him to get it with the bigger motor, disc brakes and a posi rear because we had a camping trailer at the time. By the time my dad got the car there was no more trailer so it never towed anything. When I turned 25 my da gave it to me and was my daily driver/street burner for about 5 years until I got married. I put the car away and drove an import for economic reasons and decided to sell the GS for $2000 to a friend. When my grandmother heard I was going to sell it she said "I'll give you $2000 to keep it!". So its been stored in my garage since then only driven a little each year. The window of opportunity opened for me to go through a cosmetic restoration last year and now its done. Very happy with the outcome. Gramma would be happy too!
    Attached Files Attached Files