Thread: New from Belgium

New from Belgium

Hey all, 24 from Belgium,

So I'm new to the forum here, found this place a while ago looking for information.
    I just got my first Buick after wanting and searching one on and off for the last few years (and saving up some cash :P).
    It's a '54 Roadmaster, pretty much all original, original paint. Spend it's time over in Reno from 1954 to 2015 (with thesame owner!) until it was shipped to holland and has now ended up in Belgium a couple weeks ago.

I guess that's it for now, I have some questions concerning my engine I'll post around later.

Greeting from Belgium,
    James

Welcome to the forum James! I was just in Reno with my 56 Buick not too long ago. I'm guessing its a very low rust car then, thats good! Feel free to post pictures

So here she is when I bought her in Holland

She has dings and scratches from (atleast) 40+ years of use, but the body is rock solid aswell as the frame.
    The interior was redone last year in holland with real leather. All of the original trim was re-used.

Now it's polishing time (fender is done, hood isn't in this pic)

Plan is to keep the original/patina look, add some personal details. maybe get it a bit lower later on.
    First things first I have to get it on the road here (legally)

i take it no previous resto work was done? car looks amazing if that's true.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Quote Originally Posted by bob k. mando View Post
    i take it no previous resto work was done? car looks amazing if that's true.
    No work other than maintenance has been done to the car apart from the interior restoration as I said before.

It was a daily driver for the first owner from 1954 until 1998. There is no registration after that but it stayed in thesame family until it was shipped to holland.

she's been put up for winter now, until the sunshine comes around again. Hopefully not too long!