Thread: I'm the new guy here and wanted to say HI.

I'm the new guy here and wanted to say HI.

I have a project I plan on starting on next Spring. My wife inherited her dad's 1960 Buick Electra two door hardtop with 50,000 original miles. She was 12 when he bought the car new and it has been sitting for way too many years. It is stored in our attached garage that is heated and A/C. When I got the car back in about 1992 I brought it to Indiana from the Pittsburgh, Pa. area and went through it and made it road worth but as time went by I was working a lot of overtime and the car developed a transmission leak, I'm thinking front seal. I plan on pulling the transmission next year and fixing the leak and making the car road worth again. I did the same thing to her dad's 1989 Lincoln Town Car this summer and now it is capable of being driven anywhere.
    My wife and I have eight cars and now that I am retired my goal is to get all of them running again. My wife has a 1983 Buick Rivera convertible that hasn't been ran in a few years also, it is a nice car and it will be the last one that will need only moderate attention to get back on the road.

I have always been around cars since I was a kid, my dad did his own work and worked on other peoples cars, tractors, trucks etc.
    I worked for a neighbor in his garage and others peoples cars when I was young.
    I am a former U.S. Marine and my training was for aircraft electrical working on the A6-A intruder and a Vietnam Veteran, I was in the Air Force Reserves for 9 years and worked on the A-10 Worthog during the Gulf War.
    I attended the Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics back in the middle 70's, it is an Airframe and Powerplant schools for aviation.
    When I got out of school in 1974 there were no good aviation jobs so I moved to N.W. Indiana and took a job with Bethlehem steel as a millwright and retired about 3 years ago with a little under 40 years of service as a millwright in the Steelmaking Department at the Burns Harbor Plant. Bethlehem Steel went bankrupt and was bought out by other steelmakers and I ended up working for ArcelorMittal Steel when I retired three years ago.

ALL DynaFlows have a tendency to leak while sitting & not being used. Once you start to drive it the leaking will usually stop. I have & continue to use a pint of Dot3 brake fluid. It helps to swell the seals. If it doesn't work it only cost a pint of fluid.

Tom T.
    Tom Telesco
    Classic and Muscle Automotive
    12 Cook St.
    Norwalk, CT 06853-1601
    Day Phone 203-324-6045 ET
    NailHead Mini-Starters '53-'66
    Adjustable Roller Tip Rocker Arms - All NailHeads
    Custom forged pistons
    Front & rear neoprene seals
    Many other "Nail" parts
    "If I can't get it, you don't need it!"