- 1955 Wiring Diagrams
- 1957 Wiring Diagrams
- 1964 Wiring Diagrams
- 1966 Wiring Diagrams
- 1967 Wiring Diagrams
- 1968 Wiring Diagrams
- 1972 Wiring Diagrams
- 1975 Wiring Diagrams

Thread: speedo maxes at 30 and constant beeping under motion.

speedo maxes at 30 and constant beeping under motion.

Ok im sorry im trying to get ideas on where to diagnose or fix this issue. But i havent had a lot of time to work on it cause when it rains it pours. Tiny backstory been on here before but got busy so havent been in forever. Ok i got a fiancee and got a house and a baby all in the same time frame. Also been working on a top end rebuild in an 94 isuzu trooper. Well my dd which is an 05 gmc sierra duramax computer decided to act up so bad my scan tool and tuner will not even talk to it among other issues so i go to my backup which is my 74 buick electra 455 which i love but needs work. So i have a brake leak which im pretty sure is in the master cylinder i have to pump the brakes to stop whereas before i got it to feel like it could stand on its nose if you tapped the breaks. So under movement and 99% of the time it lets out a loud audible continuous beep and i also found out my speedo only goes to 30 and then pegs out. Now be gentle cause like i said i have barely had time to even glance at it really. Just looking for a direction to take or hell a cure. I have a laundry list of upgrades planned for it including eliminator intake over stock and headers over manifolds and so on. Now that i know no MATTER what i do it will NEVER be considered a true classic or probably even worth entering local car show. So that has cut my leash on it to do what i want and i have always been a fan of power and neck snapping reaction time. Sorry it was so long.
    Last edited by electraleadfoot; 09-10-2017 at 08:49 AM.

Sounds like your speedometer cable is binding up. I would check the cable and make sure it turns freely both way.

Before messing with anything else FIX THE BRAKES!!!! I had a good friend who didn't fix the brakes because he didn't have the money. One day he needed them and they weren't there and now neither is he. With a new baby and fiance you need to place priorities. Take the car to a shop if you don't have time or skills to fix the brakes.

The speedometer is either a binding cable or messed up gears. Try putting some cable lube down the speedometer cable and see if that helps any.

Good Luck.

Lou

Im not sure if this is the issue yet cause i havent tested it yet but when i was taking off the dash cover to take old radio out to replace with a cd reciever that i took out of my mud truck when i decided to dedicate it to wheeling instead of weekend warrior. I found the little counter balance weight was bent too far inward causing it to hit against something. I will update on that if that or the other tricks dont cure it. I got a new aftermarket master cylinder on order but seems to be taking its sweet time getting here. Im giving myself plenty of braking room with the bad breaks. I have found out if i pump them then hold down it will still stand on its nose but once you let off you have to do it again.

ok so the speedo is fixed not sure how accurate but haven't been pulled over yet. It was the little counter balance. somehow it got bent so would hit the metal above the trip meter deal and stop. It still constantly beeps which I would like to stop but there is no light on when doing it so im still trying to figure that one out. I did finally get my master cylinder just have to install it now.