From the Reference Section:
- Buick Cams from Kenne Bell, 252, 231, 225,198, 196
- 225 V-6 Engine Specifications
    - 2 Less = More, Stage II V-6
- The Baker Buick V-6

Thread: NEED 425 ADVISE....... SHOULD I or SHOULDNT I?

NEED 425 ADVISE....... SHOULD I or SHOULDNT I?

sorry if im in the wrong place but i need some advice......i have a chance to get a 1965 buick super wildcat with the 425 dual quad motor it is a 4dr car but that dont bother me. my question is it a good find, should i get it ( its in PERFECT cond) and how can i tell when i get there that its all #s correct that the motor came in that car, im pretty sure its all on the up and up but i wanna be sure.........any advice?..................................i have some info.......the engine ID begins with KX could this be a leftover 64 425 dual carb???? i know it is a 425 it has the 704 block casting.......another weird thing is the number on the left front of block dosent match cars VIN but that just means that motor didnt come in that car, right??? but what else thats strange is the number begins with......7K1126291......wouldnt that make it a 67, i tougt nailheads ended in 66????? PLEASE HELP NEED INFO BEFORE I DECIDE TO BUY.........I can also be reached at HRAV5@AOL.COM

The 7 in the VIN indicates Riviera series. The K defines the original donor car as a '64 model. The engine is almost identical to what would have been supplied on a '65 Wildcat with dual quads. So it's not like the engine doesn't belong in the car.

The list can go on and on by checking the transmission, rear end, carbs, distributor, paint, interior etc. for originality. In any case it's still an exciting example by having that engine.

I would say say most guys including me would not turn it down for having an engine that only shows to be one year off on the serial number. I would be more concerned with finding hidden rust spots, poorly done body repairs, or evidence of major collision damage. There will be surprises once the new owner gets it home. Many will not be pleasant. Just hope they are minor.

Like Bob K. Mando indicates in the other post, it can't be viewed as an investment. Practically no old car can be sold for what the seller has put into it. It can provide lots of fun and pleasure if it's the model you're looking for. Good luck.
    What has been, can be again. (Bob Wills, 1942)

more info

i also forgot to mention i can get the car for $5000.00.....................is that a good deal?
    Last edited by ROB66; 09-08-2017 at 06:11 AM. Reason: new info

well??????

I need advise.........what would you guys do????? $5000.00 for a excellent cond. 65 wildcat, 4dr, 425 dual quad, with new tires?

Sounds like a pretty neat car with a very desirable motor. I don't think anyone is likely to give you any advise that you can consider worth while. But, if you want it, you should be careful it doesn't disappear while you are worrying about it.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!