- 1964 Wiring Diagrams
- 1966 Wiring Diagrams
- 1967 Wiring Diagrams
- 1968 Wiring Diagrams
- 1972 Wiring Diagrams
- 1975 Wiring Diagrams
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Check out my passkey bypass?

It shows to be behind the instrument panel in front of the passenger seat. Didn't look up how access that space but I can if you need the info. My thought was it might be behind some cover panel that can be taken off with just a few screws. There's a lot of stuff back in there a mechanic might need access to so it shouldn't be buried back in there.

Here's a shot of the the cover of one volume of the manuals. I would think a copy will show up within a week or two on eBay. There might be downloads or CDs of them too. Watch out on a digital copy if has been scanned with an OCR device. Lots of times detail and fine print will be trashed during scanning. If data was stored as images, all data should be visible.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What has been, can be again. (Bob Wills, 1942)

Thumbs up

Progress! Thanks to Todd's help here on this thread and also here https://www.teambuick.com/forums/sho...119#post105119 I figured out that I had already done everything right.

But when trying to start it the security light was flashing and no start.

Here's what I did to fix it. I remembered reading somewhere (no idea where I've read so many sites about it in the past few weeks) that I need to leave it in the run position until the security light stops flashing, then turn it back to lock, finally start it.

It worked, but only sort of. It got rid of the security light. It looks ready to start when turning the car on. I get power and lights and all that. No bad warning lights. It just won't turn over.

That's probably a different forum though, have to make a new thread.

Todd, I tried to give you rep for each thread you helped on but it would only let me do it once for now. Thanks a million. Let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Thanks for the help. This one is solved.

Here's the new thread for the rest of this job. https://www.teambuick.com/forums/sho...129#post105129

The sad truth is I can't afford those very affordable shop manuals right now. So you guys are helping a family in need get an old car running again. If anyone can help us figure out this last mystery with the ignition switch it should run again for a time.

That ignition lock was all we can get for it this month. If the ignition switch is shot i guess it'll be another month till we can get on. But it worked fine before I started this project.