Thread: Hi I am New !

Hi I am New !

I recently bought a 1972 Buick Le Sabre Convertible Custom, 350 2 bbl, with 78,000 miles. Needs some TLC but a blast to drive. Will eventually be replacing the top. Hoping to be able to do it myself.
    Montreal Buick Guy

welcome.

4 barrel intakes for the Buick 350 can be found fairly commonly in a junk yard ( for an engine that's been out of production since 1981 ) and TA Performance has new aluminum ones.

Sean Gaskin up in Edmonton has experience with turboing the 350.

of course, there's always the ever popular 455 swap.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by MTL-Buick View Post
    I recently bought a 1972 Buick Le Sabre Convertible Custom, 350 2 bbl, with 78,000 miles. Needs some TLC but a blast to drive. Will eventually be replacing the top. Hoping to be able to do it myself.
    Montreal Buick Guy
    I'm also from Montreal and joined recently as well. I had a '73 Centurion 2dr. hardtop and that car flew. Right now Ièm trying to get a 1968 Wildcat ready to pass Quebec out of province inspection as I purchased the car in Alberta. Lots of knowledgable folks here!

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by 68 wildcat View Post
    I'm also from Montreal and joined recently as well. I had a '73 Centurion 2dr. hardtop and that car flew. Right now Ièm trying to get a 1968 Wildcat ready to pass Quebec out of province inspection as I purchased the car in Alberta. Lots of knowledgable folks here!

Gary
    Gary, sorry it took so long to answer, have been away. Good luck with your 68 Wildcat, really nice car. Whats it have for a engine?

Hi The Wildcat comes with a 430 cu.in. I still haven't passed inspection because the horn was stuck on while driving and I'm waiting for a new steering wheel to arrive.
    I'm hoping Montreal's famous graft and corruption will help get the car passed with a cracked manifold and worn out steering box. Have fun with your Lesabre, they go like hell.
    I'm in N.D.G., maybe we'll run into each other.
    Gary

Hi Gary

Just picked up a 1972 Buick 455 with 400 trans, hoping to later rebuild and swap into my 72 Le Sabre when the budge allows for it.
    I am from the south shore, St-Hubert, yes it would be good to hook up and talk BUICK...

It's the best swap for power, My 73 Centurion with a 455 would burn the tires off the rims, but was a total rust bucket thanks to being put in a heated garage all winter covered in salt by the previous owner. People here would be able to let you know what you will need to swap engines when you're ready.