Multi-Use Transfer Pump

Bought this at harbor freight a few days ago . Cheap enough at $ 5.95 .

This morning I used it on our new-to-us 2006 Buick Lacrosse CX 3.8l . I had driven the Buick this morning on some errands , so the transmission was warm and the fluid " stired up " .

I found an empty 1 gallon plastic jug that had contained windshield wiper fluid .

The pump came with 2 orange plastic flexible tubes , 1 in & 1 out . I pulled the transmission dipstick and shoved the " in " tube down the tip stick tube until it would not go any further . The pump started sucking air just as the 1 gallon jug was filled .

I had ordered 6 - 1 quart bottles of Valvoline Synthetic Dexron VI ( blue bottle ) from Walmart online . In a few minutes , I am going to dump 4 of them into the transmission .

The fluid that came out was darker than it looked , on the dip stick . I am really glad I did this , although I know roughly 1/2 of the old fluid remains in the transmission / torque converter .

I am thinking about doing our 1991 Chevy Caprice 5.0l next . Then , maybe the 2015 Chevy Sonic .

I know this does not get the filter changed , but it has to be better than nothing . And the Sonic does not have a DIY serviceable filter , anyway .

God bless
Wyr

PS
Only got about 1-1/2 - 2 quarts out of the Caprice , before it started sucking air .