Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Password and Log In Issues

Password and Log In Issues

Previously had problems with Username and Password entries. For some reason had to reset password couple times and each time was reset and saved I was unable to use password again so had to reset. Seem to have figured that part out as I've logged on and off couple times now.

However, problem I'm having now is it seems to automaticly Log me off after a while. I lost and had to re type my response to my initial posting several times as when I went to post my comment I was logged off and prompt for username and password came up again. Not only did I lose the post but the password didn't work first few times but now still having problem being logged out without trying to be logged out. Just spent some great time in your resources section reviewing the much needed A/C info which I found very valuable, however it logged me out again.

Want to first thank you all for the A/C info but also any recommendation on what I may be doing wrong to just be Logged Off. Is there a time frame that automaticly logs me off or something in my settings I can do to change this?

If you click the "Remember Me", you should stay logged in. We had a cookie problem for a couple of weeks, but I believe that to have been solved. Have you cleared your cookies?

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Password and Log in

Hi Bob, thanks for responding. ok I found "remember me" option. How do I clear cookies? Been looking over site now for while and can't seem to find

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    If you click the "Remember Me", you should stay logged in. We had a cookie problem for a couple of weeks, but I believe that to have been solved. Have you cleared your cookies?
    Last edited by DCP; 06-10-2017 at 07:44 AM. Reason: found answer

"Remember Me" is explained at the top of this thread: https://www.teambuick.com/forums/sho...and-Logging-In!

If you are running windows 10 with Microsoft Edge, here are the instructions:
    https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=54747

If you are running something else, you can do a search for: the browser name plus "clear history"

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Got It Thanks

Got it thanks. did find "remember me". also Wasn't sure if cookie clear on site itself but now I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    "Remember Me" is explained at the top of this thread: https://www.teambuick.com/forums/sho...and-Logging-In!

If you are running windows 10 with Microsoft Edge, here are the instructions:
    https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=54747

If you are running something else, you can do a search for: the browser name plus "clear history"

I've had logon problems for several months. I always check remember me, but it never does even if I refresh or leave my browser open. I'm using Chrome, I've cleared all cookies, history, stored passwords, etc. repeatedly and it doesn't help. I also get the following error message every time I log in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sean Smith
    BCA# 42746
    MBCC# 2122
    SAH# 4186
    Buickman Award 2015

1957 Special 4-door Riviera (hardtop) model 43

Have you cleared your cookies recently, like within the last 2 weeks? If your not sure, try clearing them again.

The last time I delete everything, including cookies, was last Saturday. Still had the same behavior after deleting everything.
    Sean Smith
    BCA# 42746
    MBCC# 2122
    SAH# 4186
    Buickman Award 2015

1957 Special 4-door Riviera (hardtop) model 43

Same problem as Sean,won't remember my password.
    JAMIE MCCLINTON
    STARTER/ALTERNATOR/GENERATOR REBUILDER SINCE 1979
    selling buick mini starters & alternators
    startncharge@rocketmail.com
    65 Special convertible
    69 Special Deluxe
    Lost to garage fire:
    69 cali GS
    72 Suncoupe

Thanks for telling me about it. When was the last time you cleared your cookies/cashe/etc.? What browser are you using?