Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logging In and Out Problems!

Logging In and Out Problems!

It seems we are experiencing logging in and out problems. I hope they can be solved shortly.

Meantime, if you have trouble, things you can try are, clearing your cashe, and definitely click "Remember Me" so that your log in stays.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Bob, What ever you did is working. I came back here this morning and it remembered me and I was still logged in. I will log out and back in and see if it still holds. Doug

I am not sure I have done anything that I consider successful, keep me posted!

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

i'm not having a logging problem.

i am having a message display problem. i'll use the "New Posts" function. the subject list will say that the thread has, say 6 posts in it. i'll click on the thread and only two posts will be displayed.

even though *i* have replied to the thread previously, it won't show the reply i've already made.

it's a weird one.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

a perfect example of what i'm talking about is here:
    https://www.teambuick.com/forums/sho...el-gauge-query

in the 'New Posts' list, this thread shows as having five replies with RustyTractor having made the last one this morning. i made #4 last night, Rusty's #5 is replying to me, again.

when i click on that thread and it displays, i can ONLY see the first three posts.

and now i can't see my previous reply to THIS thread. nice.

edit:
    interesting, i can force the new posts to display by make a new reply to the thread
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Back to the same problem as before. logs me out even if I go from the home page to the forum page.

Kind of. I haven't been able to solve the problem, but I can tell you a bit more about it.

I think you will find that if you log in and it shows you as not logged in, if you refresh the page, you will be logged in. And, you have to do that every time you go to a different tab!

So, if you get logged in with remember me, and refresh everything so it all shows you as logged in, you will probably be OK.

Fixed!?!?!

I think it may be fixed! I hope!

Bob, I think I've found a way around it. I have always had the Team Buick Forums in my Favorites. Now it always says I'm not logged in even though the last time I logged in and checked "remember me". I can now hit the Team Buick Forums in my favorites and then hit the "Home" tab and it says I'm logged in, then hir the "Forums" tab and then it says I'm logged in there, too. I'm going to delete the "Forums" in my Favorites and put in the "Home" tab and see if that solves the problem. I'll let you know. Doug

Bob, That fixed it. Doug