Thread: Hello Everyone!

Hello Everyone!

Thought I would check in. I'm retired now and I am in the process if getting dad's Buick on the road. Look forward to talking to ya's!

Stalling!

My Skylark starts right up first thing and will idle all day. when I put it in gear it will stall unless I feather the throttle. Any ideas?

float level too low?

idle too low?

what year car do you have? we've got several service manuals in the Reference section.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Tranny

Hi Bob. Thanks for replying. I changed tranny fluid and put the proper amount of fluid in it and don't ask why but it runs a whole lot better. It's a 1967 Skylark convertible. I'll post some pics of it. 68,000 original miles. Very nice ride.

https://www.teambuick.com/reference/...ssis/index.php

that ought to be helpful.

I changed tranny fluid and put the proper amount of fluid in it and don't ask why but it runs a whole lot better.

ah, yes, old or burnt transmission fluid doesn't function properly. you might want to consider taking it to a transmission shop and having a complete flush done on it.

simply pulling the drain plug and letting it drain leaves a lot of the old fluid in the trans passages and torque convertor. one of those flushing machines can get nearly all of the old fluid out.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)