Hi all , i have been lurking here on and off since i bought my wife a 56 special and figured it was time to join! She wanted an "old car" but didnt know what she wanted, till she saw this one and had to have it. i bought the car out of my brothers home state of MO and he delivered it to upstate new york on the canadian border for me aprox 2 years ago and i have been knuckle deep in it since unloading it off the trailer. When i got her(car not wife) she had been sitting outside for quite a few years and last run in the late 90s early 2000s. it had rotten door seals that allowed water to pool in the front and the floorboards were rotten  part way up the firewall. i made new ones and welded them in ,also had to remake the pedal plate as it was half gone. all the brakes were toast and it had an electric fuel pump on it. i rebuilt the original pump and replaced the passenger side exhaust manifold that was cracked (removed the heat riser valve in it and blocked the bolt holes), rebuilt the carb and way to many other things to remember right now. i had an over heating problem develop last year and the radiator was desinegrating from the inside out and wasnt repaireable so i hunted the junkyard and found a couple that i could try . i finally settled on a late 90s ford suv rad that i made work and replaced the water pump as a precaution . the old girl is getting more reliable and im having a lot of fun working on it. I have a really well supplied shop here with a milling machine, lathe , torches ,mig and stick welders ,20 ton press , spot blaster ,air compressor, and air tools. Yeah im the guy the neighbors come to for "help" with everything from their snowblowers to cars. i keep the car in one of those temporary tarp garages that they sell at harbor freight . i attached it to the front of my garage so i can open my overhead and work on it in the winter a little and the furnace keeps it warm . i have been on a few gun forums for a couple years and its nice to be able to talk with like minded individuals. Most forums seem to have a lot of good info and people , i look forward to reading as much as i can and learning from you guys. God i haven't been a "newbie " in years.... I have got a few issues that im gonna need some help with , but this is just me saying hi for now as its a beautiful day out and the wife wants to cruise around after work in the special.