Thread: 1967 Skylark Convertible - Glass Alignment

Question 1967 Skylark Convertible - Glass Alignment

Hey There:

I have replaced all of the rubber mouldings and the window sweeps on my 67 Skylark, I also had to replace one of the rollers on the back Quarter window that was popped off for who knows how long. After doing all of the work for replacing the seals and sweeps, the Quarter Window and Front Window still don't line up. There is a bit of the gap between the two. Quarter window is about 1/4" back from the front window, and doesn't seal correctly. Any tips or tricks on aligning these properly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Michael

1967 Buick Skylark Convertible

You did not say if the gap was top to bottom or just near the top. If it is just near the top, there is an adjustment screw with a lock nut that will stop the window from any forward movement. That adjustment screw can be moved to allow the window to move to the seal. If the gap is parallel to the front glass, you can loosen the four bolts holding the regulator in place and move the entire window/regulator assembly forward to close the gap. If there is not enough play in the assembly positioning holes, they can be elongated slightly to help accommodate the necessary movement. You can get an additional 1/8" to 3/16" by elongating the holes. If none of these fixes work for you, the window glass sits in a track and can me moved forward in that track slightly. You would need to carefully remove the glass from the track and move it forward slightly. The rubberized tape might be used over again, but I would recommend that new tape be used. You can get s small amount from a local glass shop. I hope these tips are a help to you.
    Best Regards,
    Ron