Thread: Space bar doesn't work?

Space bar doesn't work?

Has anyone else had this problem? Sometimes (it seems when I am quoting another post and then responding to it), the space bar on my keyboard doesn't work. I have to type a long string without spaces, and then go back and "insert" the spaces and it works. But, for example, on this post where I'm starting a thread, it works fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

I know sometimes when I use Explorer I can't even type! I have not found this problem with Fire Fox.

I just changed the minimum posting length to 7 , but you can keep using the smilies. Take a look at the More...

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

I'm using chrome. Works fine now. I will go back to the other thread and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I know sometimes when I use Explorer I can't even type! I have not found this problem with Fire Fox.

I just changed the minimum posting length to 7 , but you can keep using the smilies. Take a look at the More...
    Interesting.WhenIreplywithaquote,thespacebardoesn' twork.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Morse View Post
    Interesting.WhenIreplywithaquote,thespacebardoesn' twork.

Just checking, my space bar is working. Darn computers

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

sometimes i lose partial functionality on the posting page until i reload it. usually, my problem is that the 'Submit Reply' button isn't working or something silly like that. even so, it's a very rare problem.

i use PaleMoon ( a FireFox knockoff ).

in any case, it's always a good idea to Ctrl+A and Ctrl+C before hitting the 'Submit' button. sometimes the internet gets confuzled and loses the text when you attempt to post.

it's really frustrating to lose a long post because you didn't Ctrl+A / C before posting ...
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)