Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from new '41 Super owner

Hello from new '41 Super owner

Hello, everyone. I am the proud new owner of this lovely '41 Super. I look forward to participating in this forum!
    Attached Images Attached Images

that is a very sharp car.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Quote Originally Posted by bob k. mando View Post
    that is a very sharp car.
    Thanks!

(had to add more characters -- this forum needs a software update)

this forum needs a software update0

i'm pretty sure Bob ( site owner ) set that himself.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Thumbs up Super

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Morse View Post
    Hello, everyone. I am the proud new owner of this lovely '41 Super. I look forward to participating in this forum!
    How about some history.

I have a 52 Super 4 door from my dad who was the original owner. I wanted to restore it but time is running out for me.

Mine is all original but has been setting for a while.

What are your plans?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Al's 52 View Post
    How about some history.

I have a 52 Super 4 door from my dad who was the original owner. I wanted to restore it but time is running out for me.

Mine is all original but has been setting for a while.

What are your plans?

Dave
    I'd love to give you some history, but I have very little. I have only owned this car for three weeks. So far, I have traced ownership back to a man in Ventura, CA who bought it around 2000. It had apparently been given a cosmetic restoration by the person he bought it from -- including new paint and new correct interior. He drove it until 2005 when it developed problems, and he let it sit until 2016 when he sold it to a dealer who sold it to another dealer from whom I bought it. I have a name and address for the owner prior to 2000 (also in Southern CA), but so far that person has not responded to my requests for more information. He may no longer be with us. I hope he still is, and that he will respond and give me more history.

It appears to be a very solid original/older restoration. It runs like a top. The paint is in excellent condition. It needs some attention to the dashboard, wiring, window rubber, and so forth. I bought it as a retirement present to myself, and plan on tinkering with it, driving it and enjoying it.

Thanks!

(had to add more characters -- this forum needs a software update)
    I read the posts a couple of times, but I still don't understand, if you can explain more clearly, maybe I can address the issue.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I read the posts a couple of times, but I still don't understand, if you can explain more clearly, maybe I can address the issue.
    Never mind. Just my poor attempt at humor. I am just getting used to a new site.

I understand now. The minimum message length is set to 10. When I run into that when wanting to make a shorter posting, what I do is add a smiley

Welcome to the site and, "nice car"!

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Super

Neil,
    Sounds like a great find. I wish you were close by....I am in Illinois.

I grew up with this car. I remember the day my dad picked it up at the dealer. I learned how to drive in mine. I am familar with the 52s with 263 and dynaflow. I helped my dad over the years and now that he has passed it is now my bucket of bolts as he used to call it.

I hope you can located the last owner of your Buick. That should have a 248 cu. in.
    Stay in touch

Dave

I'd love to give you some history, but I have very little. I have only owned this car for three weeks. So far, I have traced ownership back to a man in Ventura, CA who bought it around 2000. It had apparently been given a cosmetic restoration by the person he bought it from -- including new paint and new correct interior. He drove it until 2005 when it developed problems, and he let it sit until 2016 when he sold it to a dealer who sold it to another dealer from whom I bought it. I have a name and address for the owner prior to 2000 (also in Southern CA), but so far that person has not responded to my requests for more information. He may no longer be with us. I hope he still is, and that he will respond and give me more history.

It appears to be a very solid original/older restoration. It runs like a top. The paint is in excellent condition. It needs some attention to the dashboard, wiring, window rubber, and so forth. I bought it as a retirement present to myself, and plan on tinkering with it, driving it and enjoying it.