- 1964 Wiring Diagrams
- 1966 Wiring Diagrams
- 1967 Wiring Diagrams
- 1968 Wiring Diagrams
- 1972 Wiring Diagrams
- 1975 Wiring Diagrams

Thread: 67 GS400 gauges

67 GS400 gauges

I began working on my interior and started playing around with some ideas. I made a little enclousure for my aftermarket radio which I don't like. Gotta change that out. I am also working on getting a retro tach to look like the original GS tach. I have the old tach but it just doesn't work. I also made a gauge cluster from pvc so that I could angle the 4 gauges toward the driver (pictured). I cut the pvc on a 45 degree angle and glued them to each other. What you see is my first attempt but I plan to redo them. My question is does anyone have a better idea on the gauges? Tach as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I struggled with the same set of problems for years. I had the tach shown mounted on the left side of the instrument cluster hanging under the dash pad for a while.

When I purchased the car it had a set of three gauges where the two are now. I took them out and lived with idiot light for quite a while then broke down and added the two you see, oil pressure and engine temperature. Why didn't Buick offer a gauge package!!!

I had an aftermarket Custom Autosound with a booster and speakers which I didn't listen to that much and looked like.... So I watched for an am/fm and paid big bucks for one out of a '66. That works perfect with a Belkin fm transmitter which is stored under the seat. I then just plug in my Iphone when needed. There are outfits which will do a pretty nice job of adding fm to the stock radio, and they will also add usb ports and boost output.

dash.png

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Didn't know

Didn't know you can add usb ports to a old stock radio. Worth checking out. My current stock radio was converted to fm in the 90's but I need to figure out if it still works. Thanks.