Thread: 1954 Buick Roadmaster convertible - where to buy correct carpet and convertible top?

1954 Buick Roadmaster convertible - where to buy correct carpet and convertible top?

I'm restoring 1954 Buick Roadmaster convertible. I want this car to be as close as it came from the factory. Where I will find correct pre-made carpet for this car? As far as I know carpet should be two piece, loop style, front piece should be sewn and rear probably molded. I don't have carpet at all, so I'm not sure how it should look like. Second thing is convertible top. Which company would you recommend? I also would like to buy pre-made top. Originally it was black vinyl (Pinpoint? Trojan? Tufflex?).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pinpoint is the correct grain for the vinyl convertible top. The rear window should be clear vinyl with a small pinpoint skirt at the bottom of the window. The top pads can be a universal style and can be trimmed to fit. The universal style is correct on these cars.

The carpet was a cut and sewn style in a loop configuration. While some GM cars had a "Tuxedo" weave which had black specks woven into it, the Roadmaster did not. You might try Auto Custom Carpet (ACC) for the carpet kit. They do a very nice job.
    Best Regards,
    Ron

Thank you Ron! I asked at ACC some time ago and they don't have patterns for convertible. They have only for 4dr HT and 2dr HT. I was wondering if that carpet for 2dr HT will fit with some trimming. That carpet is two piece front is sewn rear is molded so I think that the front part is the same in 2dr HT and convertible.

According to the top, top pads you mean a headliner of a convertible top? Do you know any company making pre made tops? The only one I know is Electron Top.

Electron Top is an excellent manufacturer. They are distributed by many auto upholstery supply houses. Look in your area for a supplier. They should have the headliner as well. The headliner goes between the front header bow and the center bow. The Pads are different. They are about 8 inches wide and run along each side from the front header bow to the rear bow. They are very important because they determine the bow height from the body distance, which needs to be correct in order for your convertible top to fit properly.
    The carpet for a 2-door hardtop should fit the convertible easily, but you will have to trim off a bit of the rear carpet under the rear side armrests.
    I hope this helps.
    Best Regards,
    Ron