A new For Sale listing has been posted by TomONRH:

1964 Wildcat

The description for this listing is:

--------------------------------------------------------------

I bought this car as a father/son project in November 2014. When I looked at the Wildcat the owner told me that it would start and run, but there was a water leak. He put some water in the radiator and took the battery out of his truck and connected it to the Wildcat, I poured a little gas in the carb and it fired right up and ran as long as there was gas in the carb. We did this a couple of times. I bought it. After getting it home we tinkered around with it by checking fuel lines and such when my neighbor (a retired Harley mechanic) came over and suggested disconnecting the fuel line from the fuel pump to the carb to eliminate the fuel pump being the problem. We did so and had my son crank the engine. When he did so, fuel pumped into an awaiting bucket. This, he told me, means a float could be stuck, the fuel could be bad, or the carb needs rebuilding. It was going to freeze in the next couple days so we pushed the car into the garage where it sat for a month and a half. I thought I'd try to find the water leak next. Recalling what the kid I bought it from told be (when he was installing the new water pump, he accidentally tore the new gasket, but installed it anyways. So I went down to an old autoparts store and ordered a new gasket. When it came in, I removed the radiator, hoses, belts, fan, and pulleys. This is when I saw an improper bolt (screw actually with a nut threaded onto it to act as a spacer so the crew wasn't too deep; the screw was the correct thread, though) on the water pump. When I removed the water pump, I found a broken bolt in another hole. A few weeks later, I drilled the bolt out. And shortly after that, my son lost interest, so I lost interest. I stopped right there. But my plan was to re-tap the broken bolt hole and replace all the bolts and then get into the carb (my neighbor gave me an old shop manual for old GM's). Needless to say, the car sat in my garage until July 2016 when I reclaimed my garage and I pushed it out into the drive way. That is where it has sat under a car cover, under my other neighbor's shade tree. The interior is all original except for the headliner. And, I may add, in pretty good condition. The body is basically straight, but with rust spots. A few rust-through holes on the hood about a dime in diameter. Rust through behind the passenger rear wheel well. Rust on the other side in the same spot, but not as bad. Rust in the lower corner of the rear window (looks like a bondo job), rust on the trunk lip edge. No rust on the rockers or under side of doors. A small "l" shape rust spot on the passenger front pan. All glass is intact and operational. the dash is unmolested and uncracked. The bucket seats have no rips or tears. The factory air compressor spins by hand easily. All the trim on the car is intact. The 425 Nailhead seems to be in decent shape and pretty clean. There is a bad paint job on the car with over-spray on the engine and surrounding compartment. All the hub caps are there. I have had it for sale on Craigslist and Facebook market adds since August, with a lot of interest but no cash payers. A couple of real low ball offers. I am not looking to make money on the sale of the car. I doubt I even break even. I want it out of my driveway, but I'm not going to give it away. I think it could be a good car to cruise around in as is, or for someone with the time and money it could be a sweet ride. Or, for someone restoring one of these in need of parts, it could be a parts car. But I'm not the one to remove parts and ship them off. I could pay someone a few hundred bucks to get the car running and get much more money, but, I'm not in a finacial position to do that. Someone please rescue this vehicle from the scrap yard and take it off my hands. This is the third large vehicle that I have bought and let sit in my driveway or garage and not do anything with. I hope this is the last time! The car is in North Richland Hills, Texas. I can be reached at 8one7-7zero6-4785. More photos available upon request.

--------------------------------------------------------------