Thread: -67 Riviera lock pillars

-67 Riviera lock pillars

Hello. Im working on a -67 riviera and getting it all together now. It seems im missing some interior parts from the lock pillars. There wasnt anything when i took the car apart, so i have no idea what im looking for, and havnt found good pictures from pillars.
    So im looking for something im missing, or even good pictures from original interior would be appreciated.

br Jukka
    Attached Images Attached Images

the interior picture looks very nice, but i have no idea what you're trying to get reference help on.

RivOwners.org may be able to help.

we've got the 1967 Chassis Service Manual here:
    https://www.teambuick.com/reference/...ssis/index.php
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but my experience with door locks would led me to look inside the door for missing parts. Sometimes the clips, rods and connectors fall off and end up inside the door at the bottom, or sometimes just flip over and hang there. Take off your door panel and search inside. You might just find what you need.
    Best Regards,
    Ron

Badly explained

Sorry for explaining this badly. In attached photo where you can see better what im missing. Shorely there should be something covering that gap between lock pillar and interior panel?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the picture and further explanation. I see that the interior rear side panel has lost the clip that holds it close to the body. You are also missing the crimp-on molding that goes over the raw metal edge of the inner side of the door jam. This crimp-on also helps hold the interior rear side panel onto the metal. You should be able to find the crimp-on at a local auto upholstery shop. If you cannot find any, let me know and I will send you some. I have many leftover items from my 38 years of auto upholstery, and now that I am retired, I no longer need these things. I am always happy to help out a fellow enthusiast. Send me an email if you need this. rcfryer@juno.com
    Best Regards,
    Ron