- 1964 Wiring Diagrams
- 1966 Wiring Diagrams
- 1967 Wiring Diagrams
- 1968 Wiring Diagrams
- 1972 Wiring Diagrams
- 1975 Wiring Diagrams

Thread: 67 GS400 horn wiring

67 GS400 horn wiring

Good evening. I just picked up my first Buick, a GS400. Unfortunately it has no horn or wiring that I can find. Does anyone have any documentation or pictures of how to get the horns installed? Any info appreciated. Thanks in advance

'67 is a good year here. There is a complete chassis manual in the Reference section which has the wiring diagrams and images of them. Also in the reference section in "Years", there are also more images of the wiring diagrams.

The horns are mounted on the radiator support on the drivers side:
    https://www.teambuick.com/reference/...ing_120-73.php

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by hgiljr View Post
    Good evening. I just picked up my first Buick, a GS400. Unfortunately it has no horn or wiring that I can find. Does anyone have any documentation or pictures of how to get the horns installed? Any info appreciated. Thanks in advance
    Thank you for the info as that helps out. Now as for the steering wheel, I have one similiar to the one attached. I removed the center piece and found the one site just hanging in there. Any diagram on how that area should be connected?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am not sure what you are referring to, but here is a section in the shop manual with several images which may help you:
    https://www.teambuick.com/reference/...files/90-c.pdf

I see there is a possible display problem in the shop manuals but they are displaying links to the .pdf files ​FIXED!
    Last edited by Bob; 01-19-2017 at 08:25 PM.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by hgiljr View Post
    Thank you for the info as that helps out. Now as for the steering wheel, I have one similiar to the one attached. I removed the center piece and found the one site just hanging in there. Any diagram on how that area should be connected?
    Exactly what I was looking for. I was unsure where the horn actuator bar would connect to. So from the diagram, the horn actuator bar cable connects to the canceling cam. Not sure if one is installed, but will double check. Turn indicators work just fine, so I guess there should be a canceling cam installed.

Bringing this topic back. If anyone has such experience, let me know. I have the spring witching the canceling cam and put the wire from the actuator bar onto the same hole where the spring is at. When I press down nothing happens as if the back of the actuator bar does not touch the nut at holds down the steering wheel. I know th horn works as i put a screwdriver into the canceling cam and touch the nut and it sounds. Any suggestions?

I don't really remember, but in case this helps, pushing the "button" down does not actuate the horn. The button is just a contact with the back of the steering wheel connecting to the horn button on the steering wheel which then grounds to the column. If you painted your steering wheel and did not mask off the contact area, your horn will not ground (yes, experience ).

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I don't really remember, but in case this helps, pushing the "button" down does not actuate the horn. The button is just a contact with the back of the steering wheel connecting to the horn button on the steering wheel which then grounds to the column. If you painted your steering wheel and did not mask off the contact area, your horn will not ground (yes, experience ).
    That's probably it as previous owner did paint the steering wheel... gotta see how to go about this one. May be build a plate that goes from the contacts to the wheel nut to make the ground when pressed down. Thanks for info.