- Buick Cams from Kenne Bell, 401, 425
    - Nailhead Engine Specifications
- Head Flow Chart
- Nailhead Oil Pump
- Nailhead cam specs and cam selection
- Nailhead Parts Interchange

Thread: 65 Electra Super Wildcat Convertible

65 Electra Super Wildcat Convertible

Years ago I purchased, from the original owner's estate, a '65 Electra convertible with the Super Wildcat engine (2X4 carbs) - the Electra was from Florida so the salt air had taken it's toll on the pot metal trim - the top had been stored down for years but I was able (with patience) to get it latched to the header - most of the vinyl wrinkles disappeared as it sat in the sun - the red bench seat is factory original and in great condition - I did repaint the black exterior as it was in poor condition and I was lucky to find NOS pot metal trim on eBay over time - it has very low miles so I pulled the engine, replaced seals and repainted it - the Electra sets "up on the suspension" and drives like a big block Impala - although it has been partially restored it still retains most of the factory originality - I have not been able to find any production information on 1965 Electra convertibles with the Super Wildcat engine - any information would be much appreciated!

ooooh, 2x4v Nailheads, THERE is something we don't see much of. all pictures would be appreciated.

although entirely different cars, the Electra shared powerplant options with the Riviera so the Riv club might be helpful for you

http://rivowners.org/features/Ev_Stats/65gs/

we can tell you how many of a particular Electra version were produced for that year but we have no idea what the engine spec was:

https://www.teambuick.com/reference/years/65.php
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chuckles3 View Post
    Years ago I purchased, from the original owner's estate, a '65 Electra convertible with the Super Wildcat engine (2X4 carbs) - the Electra was from Florida so the salt air had taken it's toll on the pot metal trim - the top had been stored down for years but I was able (with patience) to get it latched to the header - most of the vinyl wrinkles disappeared as it sat in the sun - the red bench seat is factory original and in great condition - I did repaint the black exterior as it was in poor condition and I was lucky to find NOS pot metal trim on eBay over time - it has very low miles so I pulled the engine, replaced seals and repainted it - the Electra sets "up on the suspension" and drives like a big block Impala - although it has been partially restored it still retains most of the factory originality - I have not been able to find any production information on 1965 Electra convertibles with the Super Wildcat engine - any information would be much appreciated!
    I have the information at home-working (hahaha) now. Daily Production Reports will have how many dual quad Electra convertibles were produced.
    Knowing this- is pretty much why I got the data from the Sloan Museum...dream is to find one of the Electra coupes with 2X4
    Ted Nagel
    (6)65 Wildcats; 65 Riviera; 65 Special Wagon; 65 GS; 65 Skylark; 67 Wildcat; 67 California GS; (2)68 GS400; 69 GS 350; 70 GS Stage 1; Wanted: time to fix 'em