Thread: 1956 super mouldings

1956 super mouldings

Dear all,

I'm restoring my 1956 Super convertible. The exterior mouldings have had their fair share of beating in the last 60 years, so trying to work out a plan on what to do wtih them. Currently I can buy a complete set of mouldings for a 1956 Century 2 door. They look the same on the pictures, but I cannot find any reference on if (part of) these are interchangeable for the 2 models. It concenrs mostly the moudlings around the rear wheel arches that are very bad on my car...

Hope somebody here can help!

Regards,
    David

If the parts car is a hardtop and not a sedan, the moldings should be the same, except for the stainless around the back of the convertible top, which is a convertible only part. The rest should be the same.
    If you have a salvage yard that you deal with, ask them to look up the part number and see if they are the same part number for the convertible and hardtop. My experience with GM is that they are.
    Best Regards,
    Ron

Only the spear on the front fender and the curved one in front of the rear wheel opening. You need a 56 Buick parts book.

I've looked it up in the parts book, but cannot find it. i will try again tonight, but any help for the specific location in the book would be very much welcomed.

Regards,
    David