Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 425 Build

no power steering?

welp, sorry i doubted you Tom. that's **** sure close enough to a 455 in weight that it raises serious questions about why Buick weakened the BBB design so much.

put alum heads + alum intake + headers + mini starter and you'll be well under 600lbs with a forged rotating assembly.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

It's on the road!

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Out of the way. There is a mean old Buick coming through! Any pictures of the car ?
    Steve B.

67 GS 525 Buick Stage IV
    66 GS Convertible
    65 GS HT
    63 Riv
    02 Subaru WRX Turbo
    03 Ford Cobra Convertible (Factory Supercharged)

Bob,
    Wicked car! Looks like AFB's on there, did you manage to find an original dual quad setup or are you running some grouping of nailhead carbs? Having a bit of trouble tuning mine, was curious what your tune was looking like as your engine is similar to mine otherwise.

The carbs are correct '64, '65 dual carbs. The kickdown linkage is fabricated. So far they run good. I do have a difficult time getting it down to the 550 idle suggested in the specs. It just like a bit more.

I will try and get some pictures of the car

There is one at the bottom of the page, without the engine and seats here: https://www.teambuick.com/forums/sho...iviera-Project

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Wicked! If originals weren't going for a small fortune I'd go that route, but having fun making two standard AFB's play nice! I agree, the kickdown linkage is absurd, I'll be making my own as well. Since my car doesn't have a switch pitch it's pretty non-critical.

Beautiful car, great color on it!

Pictures of the car can be found here: '66 Riviera

Here is a couple more of the engine:
    engine-1.pngfuel-line.png