Thread: 1966 Riviera Project

1966 Riviera Project

Just doing a "Quicky" on our 1966 Riviera. Thought I would share some pictures. It is a good solid car, but when we opened her up, there was light ugly damage on most of the corners and the trunk, lots of work getting past that!
    Attached Images Attached Images

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

The reassembly begins!
    riv-1.png

I wasn't overly impressed with the Steele weatherstripping for the doors. They lack the wire securing screw and have a misplaced mounting plug.

door-weatherstripping-2.jpg
    Last edited by Bob; 11-18-2016 at 11:27 AM.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

It turns out that there is only one manufacturer of door weatherstripping and it is Metro in MN (I don't find them with a quick search on the net). Steele, OPGI and Weatherstrip Special all sell them and advertise them as fitting 1966-1970 Buick Riviera. I have a 1969 Riviera Parts car in my yard (not for this project) and the door weatherstripping appears that it should fit that. I assume it will fit 1967-1970 although everyone advertises it for 1966 and 67 too.

My attention was drawn to the positive reviews they had, but the reviewers do not tell what year car they are working on, only a Buick Riviera. It appears there is a hole in the line of weatherstripping and I am in it

Can anyone dig me out!

A little more progress
    riviera.png

On the road with my Daughter
    sirdar.jpgsirdar-1.png