- 1964-1967 SP400 Parts Images
- How to wire the Switch Pitch on a Buick Transmission
    - 400 auto codes
- BOP Bellhousings and Automatic Identification

Thread: Issue with st-300 upshift

Issue with st-300 upshift

Afternoon guys,
    Let me start by saying I'm new here, my name is Daniel and I inherited a 1965 special 2dr.

Okay first off, I got this car from my uncle who passed away, so in his name i am slowly starting to rebuild and customize the car the way he wanted.. already put on the dual exhaust ..

Okay so here's my issue : this st300 is not shifting under acceleration, but only on deceleration. I've already check my switch pitch and the voltage is correct, I've also changed the vacuum modulator. Before I changed that it wouldn't even shift on a decel.

So issue in short is : under acceleration there is no shift to 2nd even at 70-75 mph. ( if speedo is correct ). If I let off the trans will shift to 2nd then if I touch the throttle again it'll downshift to first.

Help me here people

we have the factory service documentation for the ST-300 in the 1966 service manual:

http://www.teambuick.com/reference/l...chassis/70.php
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Still no luck. . Anybody have idea?

St 300

Have you driven the car with the two wire connector at the rear of the trans on the driver's side disconnected and does it change anything if/when you do?