Thread: Hi... again... :)

Hi... again... :)

After a 5 year pause from the "Riviera Scene", I finally got myself a Riviera again.. last time (5 years ago) I had a 66 Riv, this time I've bought a 67 Riv..

I've always loved the styling and design of the 66 and 67..
    This car is originally a California-car, a AC-car with the Air-system

Repainted (originally a Teal-color), with only minor issues..

1: Heater Core is bypassed.. I replaced it on my 66 (non AC-car).. Even though my 67 has AC, it still looks "do-able" without removing Fender etc.. ?
    2: Turn-signal lever will not "stay in place" while I signal to RIGHT (need to push and hold, in order to SIGNAL RIGHT.. Left is no problem, and the "cancelling cam to LEFT works just fine
    3: Need to replace Exhaust Manifold gasket ( some people say NOT to use a gasket) ?? just "true it Flat) ?
    4: Electric Seat switch needs replacing (Joystick broken). it's a GM 4way switch ?
    5: Electric Seat frame needs fastening.. it works (front and back) not UP and Down.. Suggestions?
    6: Power antenna needs replacing
    7: Carb needs a rebuild, or replacing (I used Everyday Performance on my last Riv) As far as i can see it's the Original carb with Divorced choke
    8: Passenger window (front) doesn't work!! (either a wiring issue, or the window-motor?

My plans for the car:

Do some minor mod's to the car.. Converting the points ignition system to a Breakerless SE ignition system (in the mail as we speak)
    Repaint Valve covers and Inlet Manifold ( ordered correct color from Hirsch Automotive)
    Tempted to remove the AC-system (not operational) and the AIR-system

I have no plans to keep it 100 % stock, nor am I planning to make it a Mexican Lowrider with 24 " wheels..
    But I'm not a purist,or a car-show guy..Just want a nice looking,safe and operational Buick..

with Regards
    Sturla (aka Airflow)

Ps: Photos of the car in my Profile
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Airflow; 09-03-2016 at 03:02 PM.