Thread: Seat Question

Seat Question

Hi Guys,
    Does anyone know what the correct name for these little pieces is.
    They are on the backs of the seats and some cars have them on the door trim too.
    These are on my '66 Lesabre, I'm getting the seats recovered (black) and would like to replace them, even with something similar.

I have searched under every possible name I can think of, and found nothing even close.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Medallions

they are called upholstery buttons.
    won't be easy to find new ones I think
    Grease monkey and proud to be one!VISIT MY WEBSITE HERE

Thanks.

Thanks guys.
    I've searched under both those names, and many others. No luck yet.
    Even the upholsterer said they were called seat buttons.

Thanks

Hi Again,
    Thanks to those who replied to my question.
    It looks like these little gems are called 'Seat Medallions' or 'Seat Fobs'.
    I've done a search under the medallion name and found some pretty good custom ones and its given me some ideas.

I'll post some pics once the seats are done.

Cheers.

Seat Buttons

Quote Originally Posted by Tinny View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Does anyone know what the correct name for these little pieces is.
    They are on the backs of the seats and some cars have them on the door trim too.
    These are on my '66 Lesabre, I'm getting the seats recovered (black) and would like to replace them, even with something similar.

I have searched under every possible name I can think of, and found nothing even close.

Thanks.
    I have done auto upholstery work for 38 years, and I have quite a few buttons that are either exactly what you are looking for or very similar. I also have the backing plates that make them appear to be sunken into the upholstery. How many do you need? You can email me at rcryer@juno.com and let me know where to send them. All I ask for is the shipping costs.
    Best Regards,
    Ron

Hi Ron.
    Thanks for your kind offer of the seat medallions, but I've already bought some.
    Once I found out what they were actually called (medallions & fobs), I did a search and found a few companies selling them online.

I bought some chrome Vs that are about 2" wide. Considering I'm not restoring the car, I figure these will look pretty good against the black seat. The doors have a nice Buick badge on them, so I'll reuse those too.

Once again, thanks for the offer, it just shows that car people are good folks.
    Cheers. Mark (Tinny)