Thread: Water pump Nailhead 425

Water pump Nailhead 425

Hi Everyone,
    Is there anyone who knows about water pumps for Nailhead 425?
    I have been told that there is one model that have five blades, that should be the one for cars with AC. My question is if that one has the same bolt pattern as the one for cars without AC so I can use it on mine?
    I do have my Electra that doesn’t like to go slow on cruising

typically, you can use either, the more important consideration is if the pump snout is of the proper length so the pulleys line up. at least, that's the way it is with big block Buicks. i would double check everything else in the cooling system though. assuming the pump blades are still in good shape, it shouldn't have a problem keeping up with low power conditions. do you have a clutch fan? does the clutch lock up once the engine reaches operating temp? have you had the radiator flushed? what kind of shape is the radiator in? have you tried new hoses and thermostat? the vacuum hose from the radiator to the pump is prone to sucking shut if it doesn't have the proper reinforcement in it, which blocks water flow.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Here is a link to a 5 blade:

nailhead heavy duty water pump, 5 blade

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by bob k. mando View Post
    typically, you can use either, the more important consideration is if the pump snout is of the proper length so the pulleys line up. at least, that's the way it is with big block Buicks. i would double check everything else in the cooling system though. assuming the pump blades are still in good shape, it shouldn't have a problem keeping up with low power conditions. do you have a clutch fan? does the clutch lock up once the engine reaches operating temp? have you had the radiator flushed? what kind of shape is the radiator in? have you tried new hoses and thermostat? the vacuum hose from the radiator to the pump is prone to sucking shut if it doesn't have the proper reinforcement in it, which blocks water flow.
    Thanks for your answer, I don't have a clutch fan, it run always. The radiator is rebuild with new cells and the lower hose has an pipe for not sucking shut.
    I has order a new pump with 5 blade, just have to wait....

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Here is a link to a 5 blade:

nailhead heavy duty water pump, 5 blade
    Thanks! My pump is on the way to Sweden now I hope