- Nailhead Engine Specifications
- Head Flow Chart
- Nailhead Oil Pump
- Nailhead cam specs and cam selection
- Nailhead Parts Interchange

Thread: stubbe

stubbe

Hello Buickfriends.
    I wonder of temperature in a Dynaflow from 54,in deegres.Celcius.Normal when driving
    in a city,many stops and so on.And when go on highway 110 kmh??
    Anywone knows??
    Stubbe in Sweden.

stubbe

Quote Originally Posted by stubbe View Post
    Hello Buickfriends.
    I wonder of temperature in a Dynaflow from 54,in deegres.Celcius.Normal when driving
    in a city,many stops and so on.And when go on highway 110 kmh??
    Anywone knows??
    Stubbe in Sweden.
    I put a meter of temp under dash,Oiltemperature in celcius.The gauge that get the heat
    i put clamp to oilcase of Dyna.Not in oilfeeling only outside oilcase.When engine goes hot,not boiling
    Measures 95 celsius in tranny The meter is not calibrated but i have a hint of the temp of Dyna.
    Last summer very hot,cruise stod still,and engine warm,Dyna slipping and wen i pull stick it was
    like Soap/lödder.Wery hot.Problem was the Cooler cluggled under Dyna.Now i can se Temp in
    Tranny For a cheap money and a cvick fix.
    Cruised all night only 95? degress but a hint
    and the Dynaflow wors fine the hole evening.

Stubbe in Hot Sweden.

Measures 95 celsius

that's, what, ~200 Fahrenheit? way too hot, you should definitely do a transmission flush after overheating like that. transmission fluid doesn't work well after it's been overheated.

i don't know exactly what normal operating temp should be but i would expect under 180 F.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

stubbe

Quote Originally Posted by bob k. mando View Post
    Measures 95 celsius

that's, what, ~200 Fahrenheit? way too hot, you should definitely do a transmission flush after overheating like that. transmission fluid doesn't work well after it's been overheated.

i don't know exactly what normal operating temp should be but i would expect under 180 F.
    Hello Buickfriend.I have Flushed Dyna,Flushed radiator fix the cloggled Dynacooler.
    Water boils at 100 Celcius dont know of Fahrenheit.My engine in cruise were 85-90 celcius,
    and the water from engine cools dyna i suppose?? or.My meter of oiltemp are graded to 160 Celsius
    Not calibrated on dyna.The gauge maybe be installed inside dyna,in oilpan but i put it outside
    clamped on pan.Gives me a hint of temp.
    Stubbe in a Sunny Hot Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by bob k. mando View Post
    Measures 95 celsius

200*F would be reasonable temp, maybe higher. The trans fluid is water cooled and will run at coolant temperature MINIMUM, will vary with load and efficiency of cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasJohn55 View Post
    200*F would be reasonable temp, maybe higher. The trans fluid is water cooled and will run at coolant temperature MINIMUM, will vary with load and efficiency of cooler.
    Hello Buickfriend.Tanks for answer.I have cruised in Säter,Falun on big Cruise,many stops idling
    and the engine almoust boil,electrical fan runs atime but the Dynaflow works just fine.
    Look at the oilmetertemp seems ok and stopped on a parking and pull out stick.Nice
    not any soap/bubbles and we drive the all evening.Not any trouble at all.