Thread: California 1956 Buick Special

California 1956 Buick Special

Can anyone help with my converting front disc brake conversion? I've bought the Scarebird front disc brackets and Fatman dropped uprights. All installed with not too much trouble.
    My problem is with the Manual master cylinder. Scarebirds master only mounts to the frame rail, and my 56 Special has a floor board mounted master. Has anyone had any luck with modern masters ( Duel action, and remote reservoir masters ) and porportion valves with that application?
    I am using the original rear drums.
    I've seen a power brake conversion that cuts out the driver side plenum, but am not sure of how that effects the interior vents.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    thanks~

California 1956 Buick Special

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Savig View Post
    Can anyone help with my converting front disc brake conversion? I've bought the Scarebird front disc brackets and Fatman dropped uprights. All installed with not too much trouble.
    My problem is with the Manual master cylinder. Scarebirds master only mounts to the frame rail, and my 56 Special has a floor board mounted master. Has anyone had any luck with modern masters ( Duel action, and remote reservoir masters ) and porportion valves with that application?
    I am using the original rear drums.
    I've seen a power brake conversion that cuts out the driver side plenum, but am not sure of how that effects the interior vents.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    thanks~

Hi, I see this post is a few months old but did you figure out a master cylinder set up for your 56? I have developed a firewall power booster and master kit that doesn't require any cutting for these cars. What part of California are you in? I will be driving my 56 buick from las vegas through California to Oregon in a couple months.